Monday, November 15, 2010

Chromogenic Film Test 1


  I Love Film.  Analog film cameras see things differently.  I don't really know how to explain it.  
I have tried, with no really good personal understanding.   It is the magic of film.  




  photos - Zorian  

I grew up on film.  I developed my first roll of film and made my first contact print when 
I was 11 years old, in my fathers amateur darkroom.  It was, "Love at First Sight".  
Watching white paper turn into "Magic,"  I was mystified.  

  As time went on I discovered the Ilford chromogenic  film XP2.  I loved printing it in 
B&W and toning the prints.   I also loved having it printed in color, with the endless
possibilities available. 

These photos we shot with the Kodak chromogenic film 400CN Pro.   They were developed in Kodak C-41 chemistry.  Then they were scanned in color.  I find the color palate interesting and pleasing.  
Have you ever shot either of these films?  What are your thoughts and how do you process them to completion?


No comments: